Mindful in May (and beyond) Challenge
What is the Mindful in May challenge?
20 yoga classes + 8 meditation sessions in 28 days. Put a sticker on the challenge board in studio to record your progress after every class/session.
As a bonus, everyone who completes the challenge will receive a prize, drawn at random from a pool including products from HDY, Lululemon, Yoga Design Lab and more.
When is the challenge taking place?
Monday May 17th – Sunday Jun 13th 2021
Why take part in the Mindful in May challenge?
At Hot Dog Yoga, we strongly believe in mindful movement. Mindfulness on the mat to ensure yoga is a lifelong practice and mindfulness off the mat because in a world of doing, doing, doing, it’s important to take a moment to just breathe, to just be.
“Mindfulness isn't difficult, we just need to remember to do it.” - Sharon Salzberg
This challenge will remind us to be mindful and since it takes 21 days to form a habit, by the end of the challenge, we will be fully committed in each moment to be present.
What’s included in the challenge?
Unlimited yoga classes & meditation sessions at Hot Dog Yoga for the period. Meditation sessions are 5 minutes before/after specified yoga classes and run for 15 minutes. You can attend both the yoga and the meditation or either/or.
Monday, 17 May 2021 7.35am
Tuesday, 18 May 2021 8.20pm
Wednesday, 19 May 2021 7.35am
Saturday, 22 May 2021 9.05am
Tuesday, 25 May 2021 10.35am
Wednesday, 26 May 2021 7.35am
Thursday, 27 May 2021 10.35am
Saturday, 29 May 2021 5.05pm
Monday, 31 May 2021 7.35am
Tuesday, 1 June 2021 8.20pm
Wednesday, 2 June 2021 1.05pm
Sunday, 6 June 2021 6.20pm
Wednesday, 9 June 2021 5.40pm
Friday, 11 June 2021 7.35am
Saturday, 12 June 2021 9.10am
Sunday, 13 June 2021 6.20pm
How do I join and what does it cost?
- $25 for Hot Dog Yoga members. Buy the add-on here or in studio. Please note, you will need to log into Mindbody with an account that has an active membership to purchase this add-on. If it doesn't let you purchase it the first time, please click on the link, log in, come back and click on the link again.
- $200 for non-members. The only way to get a monthly pass at Hot Dog Yoga.
How to get the most of your challenge.
- Book in your classes for the week. This makes you accountable.
- Pack your bag with your yoga gear, a towel and water the night before.
- Just show up. Remember there’s always modifications and options to suit how you are feeling that day.
- Eat clean. Hydrate well. Sleep enough.
- Encourage a friend to do it with you. It’s easier to stay on track and you can still have a social life for the month.
- If you don’t complete the challenge, that’s still a lot of mindfulness for the month and you’ll feel amazing! Don’t be discouraged, it’s called a challenge for a reason! Learn from it, and try again next time.