The Hot Dog Yoga Spring Challenge
What is the spring challenge?
Hot Dog Yoga is hosting its semi-annual Yoga Challenge!
Spring in to the end of year with 20 classes + 10 mindfulness sessions over 30 days.
At Hot Dog Yoga, we strongly believe in mindful movement. Mindfulness on the mat to ensure yoga is a lifelong practice and mindfulness off the mat because in a world of doing, doing, doing, it’s important to take a moment to just breathe, to just be.
“Mindfulness isn't difficult, we just need to remember to do it.” - Sharon Salzberg
This challenge will remind us to be mindful and since it takes 21 days to form a habit, by the end of September, we will be fully committed in each moment to be present.
What is included?
Challenge participants receive:
- Unlimited classes for the month of September
- An Inauguration Yogalates Workshop with Jacqui - Sun 1st Sep 4.00-5.30pm (worth $40 with a free Pilates ball)
- Yin Masterclass with Vanessa - Sun 8th Sep 5.15-6.45pm (worth $35)
- Shoulder Stability and Myofascial Release Workshop with Bevan - Sun 22nd Sep 11.30am-1.00pm (worth $40 with a free massage ball)
- Vinyasa Masterclass with Jeremin - Sat 28th Sep 7.45-9.15am (worth $35)
- Celebration 80s Vinyasa Flow with Jeremin - Mon 30th Sep 7.15-8.15pm
- HDY goodie bag
Details of the 2 workshops and 2 masterclasses can be found here Workshops
How do I participate?
The challenge is $40 for Hot Dog Yoga members:
Please note, if you are not logged in to Mindbody you will need to log in (top right) first after clicking the the link
Not a member? Our minimum term for our direct debit memberships is 8 weeks, so you can become a member for the duration of the challenge, and cancel your membership after 8 weeks (by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org 3 business days in advance) if you want to take a break from practicing after the challenge. Click here to find out more about membership). Note the $20 add on still applies but the pro-rata 30-day membership and add-on is more value for money than the once off rate.
If you want to take part as a one off it is $220 for non-members. The only way to get a monthly pass at Hot Dog Yoga!
The Nitty Gritty:
- Double classes accepted if you miss a few days (because life happens)
- Put a sticker on the challenge boards in the studio to keep you on track to reach your goals. Hearts for (in studio) classes and stars for (in studio/home) mindfulness sessions
- Home mindfulness sessions can be as little as 5 minutes or as long as a few hours. We work on an honesty policy for sticking the stars up
How do I get the most out of the challenge?
- Sometimes it is difficult to remain commited. We find it's helpful to book in your classes for the week as this makes you accountable.
- Pack your bag with your yoga gear, a towel and water the night before.
- Just show up. Remember there’s always modifications and options to suit how you are feeling that day.
- Eat clean. Hydrate well. Sleep enough.
- Encourage a friend to do it with you. It’s easier to stay on track and you can still have a social life for the month.
- If you don’t complete the challenge, that’s still a lot of mindfulness for the month and you’ll feel amazing! Don’t be discouraged, it’s called a challenge for a reason! Learn from it, and try again next time.