The Hot Dog Yoga Spring Challenge
What is the spring challenge?
Hot Dog Yoga is hosting its semi-annual Yoga Challenge!
Spring in to the end of year with 20 classes + 10 mindfulness sessions over 30 days.
At Hot Dog Yoga, we strongly believe in mindful movement. Mindfulness on the mat to ensure yoga is a lifelong practice and mindfulness off the mat because in a world of doing, doing, doing, it’s important to take a moment to just breathe, to just be.
“Mindfulness isn't difficult, we just need to remember to do it.” - Sharon Salzberg
This challenge will remind us to be mindful and since it takes 21 days to form a habit, by the end of September, we will be fully committed in each moment to be present.
What is included?
Challenge participants receive:
- An Inauguration Flow on Saturday 1st September 8-9.15am with a guided meditation to set the scene. Socialise with your fellow challengers (you’ll be seeing lots of them over the month) over light refreshments
- Unlimited classes from Saturday 1st September 2018 – Sunday 30th September 2018
- Complimentary access to 3 special workshops/masterclasses (worth $95):
- Mindfulness Meditation: A Doorway into Being with Danyah Preston of The Mellow Mind on Sunday 9th September, 1.30-3.30pm
- Dancing with Gravity: An Arm Balances Workshop with Jo Gates on Saturday 15th September, 1.30-3.30pm
- Yin Masterclass with Vanessa Rodriguez on Sunday 23rd September, 4-5.30pm
- A Celebration Flow with prizes and treats to conclude the challenge and acknowledge your efforts over the month on Sunday 30th September, 4-5.15pm
How do I participate?
The challenge is $20 for Hot Dog Yoga members:
Please note, if you are not logged in to Mindbody you will need to log in (top right) first after clicking the the link
Not a member? Our minimum term for our direct debit memberships is 8 weeks, so you can become a member for the duration of the challenge, and cancel your membership after 8 weeks (by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org 3 business days in advance) if you want to take a break from practicing after the challenge. Click here to find out more about membership). Note the $20 add on still applies but the pro-rata 30-day membership and add-on is more value for money than the once off rate.
If you want to take part as a one off it is $200 for non-members. The only way to get a monthly pass at Hot Dog Yoga!
The Nitty Gritty:
- Double classes accepted if you miss a few days (because life happens)
- Put a sticker on the challenge boards in the studio to keep you on track to reach your goals. Silver stars for (in studio) classes and gold stars for (in studio/home) mindfulness sessions
- Home mindfulness sessions can be as little as 5 minutes or as long as a few hours. We work on an honesty policy for sticking the gold stars up
- The Meditation and Mindfulness Workshop counts as a gold star, the Arm Balances Workshop and Yin Masterclass count as silver stars
How do I get the most out of the challenge?
Sometimes it is difficult to remain commited. We find it's helpful to book in your classes for the week as this makes you accountable. You can also pack your bag with your yoga gear, a towel and water the night before.